Sunday, March 23, 2008

I want to be like Alex

Tonight I had dinner with some friends and strangers. Afterwards, we sat around, chatting, discussing the two big no-nos (religion and politics, of course!), playing guitar and singing. After a few hours of this, my Afrikaner friend Alex, asked if we could spend the next few minutes singing songs of praise. This being holy week and all.

We sang four or five songs, and Alex spoke up again. He asked us to pray for the man speaking at Oak Hills Church tomorrow, that God would give him a special message for all of the holiday visitors who don't know Christ. We spent a good time praying. We sang a few more songs, and called it a night.

Alex did a good job of reminding me that a Christ like leader is the one who takes a normal situation, usually dinner with friends, and reminds us all of the presence and importance of God. As I grow as a Christ-follower and a leader, I hope I can be more more like Alex, and recast normal gatherings of friends into a time of worship.

1 comment:

Daniel A. Clark said...

Dude, I always want to be like Alex.