Sunday, March 16, 2008

High Points from my Saturday at SXSW

Every year, hundreds of bands and thousands of spectators descend on Austin, Texas for South By South West. Now, while I'm years away from being able to spend the $600 it takes to get in legitimately, there's still plenty to do at SXSW. So, in no particular order, here are some of my favorite moments from the day:
  • "Dude, look at this bag!" "I think it's a purse, bro..."
  • My cool new black shirt
  • The speck of monster repellent on my face when I got home
  • The rocked out midget
  • www.myspace.com/netherfriends
  • Hearing an old school punk band at my favorite spot in Austin, Spiderhouse
  • Having my good friend Daniel around to listen to me whine about my life and lessen awkward situations
  • Getting to pray for hurting people
  • Singing "This Little Light of Mine" with street musicians from New Orleans. And getting tips.
  • Knowing that I'm not the only one who is struggling through the difficulties of this season of life.

Amazing. Today was pretty much exactly what I needed.

No comments: