Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Worst goal ever.

Since I have experienced some level of success in my goal of journaling daily (about 99.9% of the time for the last 6 weeks,) I have started a new goal:

BECOME A MORNING PERSON.

Now, mind you, I believe that this is quite possibly the WORST GOAL EVER. Why?

  1. I have always stayed up. Even when I was a little kid, I'd stay up late reading books, or writing or playing on the computer. This goes back as long as I can remember.
  2. I like night. It's dark. It's peaceful. Crazy stuff can happen.
  3. It's hard to be social when you are trying to go to bed at 10pm.

So, why set the worst goal ever? One reason is that staying up doesn't tend to do me any good. I'm not having more fun or being more social. In fact, I tend to just watch a lot of TV and get depressed because I am tired and everyone on TV has pretty girlfriends. Why stay up late and think about that? Another reason is that I know very few successful people, in any field, who are not morning people. The most important reason is spiritual. I am much more likely to have a consistent time set aside for God if I start my day with it.

Day 1 I woke up at 5:30. Day 2...6:15. So, let's hope its not a trend.

Want to become an early riser? Here's some tips.

No comments: