Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Brain Dump

I'm going to take a Brain Dump.

This is an idea I took with me from Getting Things Done. I have to admit that I didn't finish the book, and I still have a lot of trouble getting things done, but I loved the Brain Dump concept.

The Big Idea is that your brain is terrible at storing stuff. You have all these things you want to do, that are floating in the back of your head, making you uneasy, but you don't always know what they are. So, on a regular basis, you should take a brain dump.

Write down EVERYTHING, I mean everything that is on your mind. Your to do lists. Your life goals. Those hard conversations you've been putting off. The movie you always wanted to see. The girl you have considered asking out.

Before you can get anything done, you need to dump everything out of your head.

1 comment:

Taylor and Frankie Rodriguez said...

that pretty much describes my last blog! it works wonders, I try to do it often...just never knew it had a name!