Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Audiobooks

One only has to look at my iPod to see what a nerd I am. I have almost no music on there. Not because I don't like music, but because I haven't had much a music budget since High School, and I'm kind of tired of listening to those CDs.

You will find over a dozen podcasts and audiobooks. Podcasts consist of mainly sermons, from a wide variety of evangelical, liberal and emergent churches. I also have my two favorite NPR shows, This American Life and Radiolab. Listening to those two is definitely a high point in my week.

The other thing you'll find on my iPod is audiobooks. I love audiobooks. I try to read a lot, but my ADD makes it a lot of work. In the last month I've gone through Phillip Yancey's What's So Amazing About Grace, a brutal scifi/noir read called Altered Carbon, and a business book The Art of Woo. I'm currently working through Jim Collin's business classic Good to Great, and Phillip K. Dick's A Scanner Darkly. In my stack is David Sedaris' Naked, and a biography of George Washington. I don't know what I'd do without audible.com.

No comments: