Thursday, October 23, 2008

Wandering Wandering (jewjewjews)

This week in The Story we are reading about the wildnerness wanderings of the Israelites. I get the whole feeling of being lost in the desert. I also know that those are the times I'm most like the Israelites- mean and ungrateful. Here, in no particular order, are the top "desert wandering" seasons of my life:
  • High School. All of it. Especially sophomore year.
  • The night before fifth grade started.
  • The next 6-12 months after I've been dumped.
  • The semester I went back to college in rural Arkansas, after spending the summer with homeless street kids.
  • Austin.
  • My senior year of college, from the day I changed my major to the day I left for Atlanta.
The crazy thing is, I look back and see these as the most important times in my life. The times when God has seemed closest, and furthest. Looking back, I see that I was waist-deep in manna and quail the whole time.


Hopefully, I'll remember this the next time I'm stranded in the desert.

1 comment:

Christina said...

I know this was awhile ago, and No, we don't know each other, but I am uplifted and inspired by your blog / twitter. You convey your love of Christ, your desire to look like Him in all ways and your passion for HIS passions.

Its a pleasure "meeting" you.