Sunday, October 28, 2007

What are You doing This Week?

Things I’m Doing this Week
· Preparing a seminar for parents on Youth Culture
· Meeting with a 14 year old and her father whose boyfriend was killed this past week
· Writing a paper on involving parents and adults in youth ministry
· Working out
· Cooking
· Teaching the high school kids about Jesus’ resurrection, or what N.T. Wright, Bishop of Durham calls “inaugural eschatology”
· Carving a pumpkin
· Handing out Journey Fellowship glowsticks to trick-or-treaters

Things I’d Like to Do this Week
· Read a book for fun
· Wake up early everyday
· Read my Bible and pray, first thing in the morning, every day
· Take a day off
· See the new Wes Anderson movie “The Darjeeling Limited”
· Have a good conversation with a pretty girl that loves Jesus
· Think of ways to apply Dallas Willard’s “Renovation of the Heart” to my life
· Eat healthy food
· Go swing dancing
· Go to Trivia Night
· Make a new friend
· Tell someone about Jesus
· Spend some time outdoors
· Catch up with an old friend
· Trim down the amount of times I check Facebook
· Watch The Office
· Blog and journal everyday
· Save money
· Pay my bills on time
· Something cool I haven’t thought of yet

So, what of these things are you going to help me with?

3 comments:

dajotx said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dajotx said...

I removed this to correct a typo, sorry.

I have a great article by Barbara Brown Taylor on time off. Unfortunately no web link, can't remember where I got it, so I will send by email (Word file).
regards,
David

Matthew said...

Went to a hockey game.