Friday, October 19, 2007

Big Weekend

Big weekend. Heading off the Emergence conference. Scot McKnight, Dan Kimball and friends will be speaking, which I am totally pumped about. From there I’ll head to Soul Camp, an “adventure retreat” put on by our Single’s Ministry. I won’t lie and say that I’m super pumped about the retreat. But it’s mainly just the chance to hang out with people within ten years of my own age. Which I don’t do enough of. The conference on the other hand should be good. McKnight is a professor in Chicago. He is one of the voices of the Emergent conversation that also seems to be listened to by mainstream evangelicalism. Dan Kimball is pastor of Vintage Faith in California. He’s doing a great job of leading one of the 1% of American churches that are actually reaching people.

I have always had this bad habit of biting off more than I can chew, which may be what I did this weekend, but it should be fun.

No comments: