Thursday, October 18, 2007

Toooooo Much Energy!

Today is one of my adHd days.

I'm not sure what it is that is filling me with a desire to run sprints and make up funny dances infront of the mirror. If I had to guess, I would say it is a confluence of things
  • a much needed day off (after what feels like a month without one)
  • Finally reading HP7
  • Continued growth and development of the Journey youth ministry
  • Being tasked with launching a third service aimed at reaching a new demographic
  • A job related issue that was finally resolved
  • Zoloft
  • A full night sleep (albeit, starting at 2am because I was just as hyper last night.)
  • This weekend's special activities
  • Having finally met a few people (okay, mainly girls) who both love Jesus and have ambition

This is the end result. More than my normal ADHD days, I'm bursting at the seams with energy. Although this is undoubtedly kind of fun, it's nearly impossible to sit still enough to post this. I stared at my Bible for an hour this morning and I'm not sure I read a thing. I turned my audio Bible on. I think it was Micah, but I can't be sure.

ADHD is always a rollercoaster ride. Basic things like concentration and sleep are often allusive. I'm filled to the brim with ideas and nowhere to put them. I want to run a marathon, make a movie, talk theology, go dancing, draw pictures, chat with friend and perform a monologue all at the same time. Instead, you end up with bills not paid and a dirty kitchen.

No comments: