Tuesday, January 6, 2009

What movies have you seen this holiday season?















This year I was pretty overwhelmed by the number of interesting looking movies. Limited budget led me to just pick one.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
is a beautiful movie. It was great to see CGI and incredible makeup used for drama and not just science fiction. Cate Blanchett (best acress of a generation?) is fantastic as always. I'm a huge Brad Pitt fan, but I felt a bit underwhelmed by his performance. It was a poignant reminder of the inevitability of old age and death. It captured the last American century in the way that Forrest Gump did, but without the charm.

Next on my list is Slumdog Millionaire. Then it's probably back to Blockbuster for awhile.

What holiday movies did you see?

No comments: