Saturday, November 10, 2007

How Did I Get Here?

More and more, I find myself spending my free time doing things, or hanging out with "types of people" that I used to avoid. There are so many things that I would have said "I would never" or "Thats just not me." There are so many people who I call friends that I would have written off for their morals, their socioeconomic status or their choice in music, had I met them earlier in life. Even more basic: the city I live in, the church I'm a part of, they're so far from where I came from.

And I don't regret any of these things. It's a sign of life, growing and changing. I hope it's also a sign of God's work in me.

Sometimes it just hits me, and I'm struck my an irony that no one else can appreciate.

The problem is, I've spent so much of my life defining "Chris Morton" by what I'm not. Now that many of those things matter less and less, I have to find a new way of defining who I am.

No comments: